Many of you have heard me speak of Udo’s Oil and how strongly I feel that it is easily the most important supplement that I take. As many of you know I was enamored if the supplement industry from a young age when I got my hands on a book of natural healing. I was amazed at the number of people who healed themselves and remained optimally healthy through the use of what was ubiquitous in nature. As I dug deeper, I discovered many different geographical remedies all over the world. These discoveries became some of my original stimulants for my deep interest in travel and health.
So what the heck is Udo's Oil and why do I love it?
Udo’s Oil is a blend of Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) developed by Udo Erasmus. As the name suggests, these are essential, therefore we absolutely need them and we cannot produce them.
Nowadays, people are not eating enough of the foods that contain omega-3 (i.e., flax seeds, walnuts, salmon, sardines, soybeans). Instead, we are eating too much omega-6 rich foods (i.e., margarine, poultry, eggs, peanut butter, almonds). This is turn, throws off the recommended ratio. Omega-3’s are responsible for preventing twice the amount of diseases than are prevented by omega-6’s (i.e., cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis). To achieve clinical significance the ideal omega-3 to omega-6 ratio ranges from 4:1 to 1:1. The ratio observed in most American diets today is 1:20. For me, Udo’s Oil takes out all the guesswork of consuming the right ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids by containing a 2:1 ratio of ESA’s.
I have been using Udo’s Oil for a year now.
My Personal Top 6 Benefits of Essential Fatty Acids:
- 1. Increased Energy, Performance and Stamina
- According to Udo, “EFA’s enhance thermogenesis, help build muscle, prevent muscle break down and speed up recovery from fatigue.”
- 2. Aid in Weight Loss
- “EFA’s help keep mood and energy up and suppress appetite. They also block the genes that produce fat in the body and increase thermogenesis.”
- 3. Strengthen Immune System
- “EFA’s make hormone-like eicosanoids that regulate immune and inflammatory responses. Omega-3s have anti-inflammatory effects and can slow autoimmune damage.”
- 4. Improves Mood, Intelligence, Behavior and Vision
- “Our brains are over 60% fat so they need fat to thrive. EFA’s are important components of the entire nervous system. They are necessary to make the neurotransmitter serotonin. Depression and other brain diseases show decreased levels of omega-3.”
- 5. Keeps your Bones Strong
- “EFA’s aid in the transport of minerals that keep bones and teeth strong, which helps in preventing osteoporosis.”
- 6. Produce Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails
- “Some of the first signs of EFA deficient are dry, flaky skin, dull hair and brittle nails. Omega-3s can help skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne.”
How to take Udo’s Oil?
According to Udo, approximately 1 tablespoon per 50 pounds of weight. As a guideline, taking 1-3 tablespoons daily, with meals, will give you optimum benefit. Start slow and work your way up. I personally drink Udo’s Oil without regard to taste. It definitely tastes better than cough syrup, but if you find the need to mask the taste, simply drizzle on breakfast cereals, rice, potatoes, pasta or vegetables. It’s also fabulous in salad dressings too.
By no means am I paid for endorsing Udo’s Oil, but after seeing all of the benefits in my personal life, I feel compelled to recommend it to my readers. To purchase Udo’s Oil from Amazon, please please click here.